|NH State Facts
|Statehood: Jun 21, 1788
|Borders: ME, MA, VT and Can
|NH Land Ownership Maps
|NH Maps & Atlases
|NH Birth, Marriage & Deaths
|NH Military Databases
|NH Record Collections
|NH Historical Newspapers
|Create a Free Family Tree
Maps of New Hampshire are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old New Hampshire maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of New Hampshire maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 00th century to the present and include:
- New Hampshire Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- New Hampshire Road, Highway and railroad maps
- New Hampshire Maps showing the state’s geological features
- New Hampshire Nautical charts
- New Hampshire timeline of county boundaries changes
- New Hampshire Military maps
- New Hampshire Maps of specific towns, counties, islands, harbors, and bodies of water
- Colonial era maps of New Hampshire
- Bird’s eye views of New Hampshire cities and towns
Historical Maps of New Hampshire are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. New Hampshire Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
There are many New Hampshire map resources in the state. Using them, researchers can track geographic features, political divisions, and migration trails with relative ease. Researchers may want to obtain a copy of the town of interest’s lotting map, which showed how land was divided prior to being sold off or granted to settlers.
The New Hampshire Records and Archives holds a large collection of those lotting maps, which are organized according to town and number of lots.
The name of the original proprietor of the land may also be listed. That can lead the researcher to a very useful title chain. The New Hampshire State Papers also contains many of those records.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of New Hampshire
This Historical New Hampshire Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of New Hampshire were published in atlases and spans over 000 years of growth for the state.
Some New Hampshire maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the New Hampshire researcher.
Jeffery’s 1776 Map of The Provinces of Massachusetts Bay and New Hampshire – Northern section
Jeffery’s 1776 Map of The Provinces of Massachusetts Bay and New Hampshire – Southern section
Jeffery’s 1776 State Map of New England containing the Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island
Carey’s 1795 State Map of New Hampshire Compiled chiefly from Actual Surveys
Arrowsmith’s 1804 State Map of New Hampshire
Carey’s 1814 State Map of New Hampshire
Carey’s 1822 Geographical, Historical and Statistical State Map of New Hampshire
Finley’s 1827 State Map of New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont
Tanner’s 1836 State Map of New Hampshire and Vermont
Morse’s 1845 State Map of New Hampshire and Vermont
Colton’s 1856 State Map of New Hampshire
Mitchell’s 1880 State, County and Township Map of New Hampshire and Vermont
Map of New Hampshire County Formations 1764-1874
This Interactive Map of New Hampshire Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the New Hampshire territory in 1764 to 1874.
powered by Advanced iFrame. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.
New Hampshire County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The New Hampshire Department of Transportation has prepared a series of county road maps. These maps contain more detailed information about man-made features than the geological survey maps.
These New Hampshire maps are Free to downloade are in PDF format.
External New Hampshire Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of New Hampshire (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- New Hampshire Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Library of Congress New Hampshire Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of New Hampshire (old-maps.com)
- New Hampshire Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical New Hampshire State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of New Hampshire (raremaps.com)
- New Hampshire Map Books (amazon.com)