Old Historical City, County and State
Maps of New Hampshire
Discover the past of New Hampshire through State maps in our online collection of old historical maps that span over 300 years of growth. View New Hampshire Maps such as historical county boundaries changes as well as old vintage maps.
There are many fabulous New Hampshire map resources in the state. Using them, researchers can track geographic features, political divisions, and migration trails with relative ease. Researchers may want to obtain a copy of the town of interest’s lotting map, which showed how land was divided prior to being sold off or granted to settlers.
The New Hampshire Records and Archives holds a large collection of those lotting maps, which are organized according to town and number of lots.
The name of the original proprietor of the land may also be listed. That can lead the researcher to a very useful title chain. The New Hampshire State Papers also contains many of those records.
Maps can be very useful in conducting New Hampshire research, especially in light of the now extinct communities. Several kinds of maps are available which can help in locating land or farms. Most historical maps of New Hampshire were published in atlases.
Several types of maps are useful for genealogists. Tracing the history of early families in New Hampshire is much easier if the researcher has an understanding of New Hampshire gazetteers and maps.
The Province of New Hampshire was organized on 1629. The State of New Hampshire was created as a the 9th state on June 21, 1788.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of New Hampshire
This Historical New Hampshire Map Collection are from original copies so you can see New Hampshire as our ancestors saw them over a two hundred years ago.
Some New Hampshire map years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the New Hampshire researcher.
External New Hampshire Map Links
- 1758 Map of New England including New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island. Giving relevant geographical information.
- 1776 New Hampshire Map
- 1795 New Hampshire Map
- 1796 New Hampshire Map
- 1804 New Hampshire Map
- 1812 New Hampshire Map
- 1813 Map of New Hampshire. Compiled chiefly from actual Surveys. State and counties in outline color by county.
- 1819 Map of New Hampshire. Outline color map by county. Showing cities and towns, and rivers.
- 1822 New Hampshire Map
- 1825 New Hampshire Map
- 1831 Map of New Hampshire. Full color by county.
- 1855 Atlas Map of New Hampshire
- 1856 New Hampshire Map
- 1865 Colton’s Map of New Hampshire. Map showing the county boundaries in color.
- 1869 New Hampshire Map
- 1892 Map of New Hampshire. Drawn expressly for the town atlas of the state of New Hampshire showing counties, towns, settlements, railroads, etc.
- 1901 New Hampshire Map
- 1903 Rand, McNally & Co.’s Map of New Hampshire Map
Map of New Hampshire County Formations 1764-1874
This Interactive Map of New Hampshire Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from 1764 to 1874.
New Hampshire County Map Formation by Year
New Hampshire County Map of Road and Highway's
The New Hampshire D.O.T. Highway Department does not have individual New Hampshire County Map available at this time.