|WA State Facts|
|Territory: Mar 2, 1853|
|Statehood: Nov 11, 1889|
|Borders: ID, OR and Can|
|WA Land Ownership Maps|
|WA Maps & Atlases|
|WA Birth, Marriage & Deaths|
|WA Military Databases|
|WA Record Collections|
|WA Historical Newspapers|
|Create a Free Family Tree|
Maps of Washington are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old Washington maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of Washington maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 19th century to the present and include:
- Washington Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- Washington Road, Highway and railroad maps
- Washington Maps showing the state’s geological features
- Washington Nautical charts
- Washington timeline of county boundaries changes
- Washington Military maps
- Washington Maps of specific towns, counties, islands, harbors, and bodies of water
- Bird’s eye views of Washington cities and towns
Historical Maps of Washington are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Washington Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
Map of Washington County Formations 1843-1915
This Interactive Map of Washington Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the Washington territory in 1843 to 1915.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of Washington
This Historical Washington Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of Washington were published in atlases and spans over 175 years of growth for the state.
Some Washington maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the Washington researcher.
Colton’s 1856 State Map of Washington and Oregon
Johnson’s 1870 State Map of Washington and Oregon
1866 State Map of Washington Public Survey Sketches by the Department of Interior Land Office
Mitchell’s 1880 State and County Map of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and part of Montana
External Washington Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of Washington (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Library of Congress Washington Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of Washington (old-maps.com)
- Washington Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical Washington State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of Washington (raremaps.com)
- Washington Map Books (amazon.com)
Washington Map Resources
U.S., Indexed Early Land Ownership and Township Plats, 1785-1898 collection includes maps of townships in all or parts of Washinton.
U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 collection has Washington county land ownership maps from the Library of Congress’ Geography and Maps division, covering the years 1885-1918. These maps cover the following Washington counties: Adams County (1912), Asotin County (1914), Columbia County (1913), Douglas County (1915), Garfield County (1913), Grant County (1917), King County (1912), Kitsap County (1909), Klickitat County (1913), Lincoln County (1911), Pierce County (1889), Spokane County (1905), Spokane County (1912), Walla Walla County (1909), Whitman County (1895) and Whitman County (1910).
U.S. Map Collection, 1513-1990 database is a collection of maps detailing land areas that comprise the present United States. It contains a variety of Wasington maps, and covers the years 1798, 1850, 1878, 1880, 1884, 1889, 1890, 1891, 1903, 1905, 1910, 1915, 1989.
Washington County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The Washington D.O.T. Highway Department does not have Washington County Maps available at this time.