|NE State Facts|
|Territory: May 30, 1854|
|Statehood: Mar 1, 1867|
|Borders: CO, IA, NE, MO, SD and WY|
|NE Land Ownership Maps|
|NE Maps & Atlases|
|NE Birth, Marriage & Deaths|
|NE Military Databases|
|NE Record Collections|
|NE Historical Newspapers|
|Create a Free Family Tree|
Maps of Nebraska are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old Nebraska maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of Nebraska maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 19th century to the present and include:
- Nebraska Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- Nebraska Road, Highway and railroad maps
- Nebraska Maps showing the state’s geological features
- Nebraska timeline of county boundaries changes
- Nebraska Military maps
- Nebraska Maps of specific towns, counties and bodies of water
- Colonial era maps of Nebraska
- Bird’s eye views of Nebraska cities and towns
Historical Maps of Nebraska are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Nebraska Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
There is a collection of maps called the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, which can be found at the Nebraska State Historical Society. Also there is a collection of about 500 plat books and county atlases from almost every Nebraska county for the years of 1885 to around 1947.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of Nebraska
This Historical Nebraska Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of Nebraska were published in atlases and spans over 150 years of growth for the state.
Some Nebraska maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the Nebraska researcher.
Map of Nebraska County Formations 1854-1925
This Interactive Map of Nebraska Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the Nebraska territory in 1854 to 1925.
Nebraska County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The Nebraska D.O.T. Highway Department has prepared a series of 2017 county road maps. These maps contain more detailed information about man-made features than the geological survey maps.
External Nebraska Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of Nebraska (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Nebraska Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Library of Congress Nebraska Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of Nebraska (old-maps.com)
- Nebraska Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical Nebraska State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of Nebraska (raremaps.com)
- Nebraska Map Books (amazon.com)