|DE State Facts
|Statehood: Dec 7, 1787
|Borders: MD, NJ and PA
|DE Land Ownership Maps
|DE Maps & Atlases
|DE Birth, Marriage & Deaths
|DE Military Databases
|DE Record Collections
|DE Historical Newspapers
|Create a Free Family Tree
Maps of Delaware are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old Delaware maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of Delaware maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 17th century to the present and include:
- Delaware Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- Delaware Road, Highway and railroad maps
- Delaware Maps showing the state’s geological features
- Delaware Nautical charts
- Delaware timeline of county boundaries changes
- Delaware Military maps
- Delaware Maps of specific towns, counties, islands, harbors, and bodies of water
- Colonial era maps of Delaware
- Bird’s eye views of Delaware cities and towns
Historical Maps of Delaware are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Delaware Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
Delaware Maps can be very useful in conducting research, especially in light of the now extinct communities. Also, because old Delaware maps were usually commissioned by the county seat, they often display information about the county, including town names.
Delaware Map Collections
An older but still good collection of Florida maps is the Atlas of the State of Delaware by Daniel G. Beers. There are also maps of Delaware hundreds are on the inside back cover of the Delaware Genealogical Society Journal and in Hancock’s The Reconstructed Delaware State Census of 1782. One of the best collections of Delaware maps is at the Delaware Public Archives.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of Delaware
This Historical Delaware Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of Delaware were published in atlases and spans over 350 years of growth for the state.
Some Delaware maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the Delaware researcher.
Carey’s 1795 State Map of Delaware
Arrowsmith’s 1804 Atlas Map of Delaware
Carey’s 1814 State Map of Connecticut
Carey’s 1822 Geographical, Historical and Statistical Map of Connecticut
Finley’s 1827 State Map of Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Tanner’s 1836 Antique Map of Connecticut
Morse’s 1845 Map of Connecticut
Colton’s 1856 Map of Connecticut
Mitchell’s 1880 State, County and Township Map of Connecticut
Map of Delaware County Formations 1673-1841
This Interactive Map of Delaware Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the Delaware territory in 1673 to 1841.
powered by Advanced iFrame. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.
Delaware County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The Delaware D.O.T. Highway Department does not have Delaware County Maps available at this time.
Delaware Historic Road Maps
Presented as Part of DelDOT’s Historic Preservation
External Delaware Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of Delaware (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Delaware Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Library of Congress Delaware Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of Delaware (old-maps.com)
- Delaware Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical Delaware State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of Delaware (raremaps.com)
- Delaware Map Books (amazon.com)