|NV State Facts|
|Territory: Mar 2, 1861|
|Statehood: Oct 31, 1864|
|Borders: ND, AZ, CA, ID, OR and UT|
|NV Land Ownership Maps|
|NV Maps & Atlases|
|NV Birth, Marriage & Deaths|
|NV Military Databases|
|NV Record Collections|
|NV Historical Newspapers|
|Create a Free Family Tree|
Maps of Nevada are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old Nevada maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of Nevada maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 00th century to the present and include:
- Nevada Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- Nevada Road, Highway and railroad maps
- Nevada Maps showing the state’s geological features
- Nevada timeline of county boundaries changes
- Nevada Military maps
- Nevada Maps of specific towns, counties and bodies of water
- Colonial era maps of Nevada
- Bird’s eye views of Nevada cities and towns
Historical Maps of Nevada are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Nevada Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
Nevada Maps can be very useful in conducting research, especially in light of the now extinct communities. Also, because old Nevada maps were usually commissioned by the county seat, they often display information about the county, including town names.
The United States Geological Survey will supply any of its maps for a nominal fee. The Nevada Department of Transportation provides detailed county maps.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of Nevada
This Historical Nevada Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of Nevada were published in atlases and spans over 000 years of growth for the state.
Some Nevada maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the Nevada researcher.
1866 State Map of Nevada Public Survey Sketches by the Department of Interior Land Office
1866 Sketch of Public Surveys State Map of Nevada and California by the Department of Interior Land Office
1874 State Map of Nevada and Northern California
1874 State Map of Nevada and Southern California
Mitchell’s 1880 State and County Map of Nevada and Utah
Nevada Historical Trails Maps
Map of Nevada County Formations 1852-1969
This Interactive Map of Nevada Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the Nevada territory in 1852 to 1969.
Nevada County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The Nevada D.O.T. Highway Department has prepared a series of county road maps. These maps contain more detailed information about man-made features than the geological survey maps.
In addition to roads and boundaries, these maps include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. These Nevada maps are Free to downloade are in PDF format.
Nevada D.O.T City Area Maps
Nevada City Area maps have been created of communities in the state that are too congested to show clearly on 30 Minute Quad maps.
Historical Nevada D.O.T State Highway Maps
Historical Nevada D.O.T County Maps
External Nevada Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of Nevada (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Nevada Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Library of Congress Nevada Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of Nevada (old-maps.com)
- Nevada Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical Nevada State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of Nevada (raremaps.com)
- Nevada Map Books (amazon.com)