|CT State Facts|
|Colony: Mar 3, 1636|
|Statehood: Jan 9, 1788|
|Borders: Massachusetts, New York and Rhode Island|
|CT Land Ownership Maps|
|CT Maps & Atlases|
|CT Birth, Marriage & Deaths|
|CT Military Databases|
|CT Record Collections|
|CT Historical Newspapers|
|Create a Free Family Tree|
Maps of Connecticut are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old Connecticut maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of Connecticut maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 17th century to the present and include:
- Connecticut Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- Connecticut Road, Highway and railroad maps
- Connecticut Maps showing the state’s geological features
- Connecticut Nautical charts
- Connecticut timeline of county boundaries changes
- Connecticut Military maps
- Connecticut Maps of specific towns, counties, islands, harbors, and bodies of water
- Colonial era maps of Connecticut
- Bird’s eye views of Connecticut cities and towns
Historical Maps of Connecticut are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Connecticut Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
Connecticut Maps can be very useful in conducting research, especially in light of the now extinct communities. Also, because old Connecticut maps were usually commissioned by the county seat, they often display information about the county, including town names.
Connecticut Map Collections
Excellent map resources are bound in folio-sized books by county are found in many Connecticut libraries including the Connecticut State Library. Present-day street maps by county are readily available in most large stationery stores.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of Connecticut
This Historical Connecticut Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of Connecticut were published in atlases and spans over 300 years of growth for the state.
Some Connecticut maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the Connecticut researcher.
Jeffery’s 1776 State Map of New England containing the Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island
Jeffery’s 1776 State County and Township Map of Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island- Northern Section
Jeffery’s 1776 State County and Township Map of Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island- Southern Section
Carey’s 1795 State Map of Connecticut Compiled from the best Authorities
Arrowsmith’s 1804 State Map of Connecticut
Carey’s 1814 State Map of Connecticut
Carey’s 1822 Geographical, Historical and Statistical State Map of Connecticut
Finley’s 1827 State Map of Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Tanner’s 1836 State Map of Connecticut
Morse’s 1845 State Map of Connecticut
Colton’s 1856 State Map of Connecticut With Portions Of New York and Rhode Island
Mitchell’s 1880 State, County and Township Map of Connecticut
Map of Connecticut County Formations 1687-1960
This Interactive Map of Connecticut Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the Connecticut territory in 1687 to 1960.
Connecticut County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The Connecticut D.O.T. Highway Department does not have Connecticut County Maps available at this time.
External Connecticut Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of Connecticut (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Connecticut Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Library of Congress Connecticut Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of Connecticut (old-maps.com)
- Connecticut Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical Connecticut State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of Connecticut (raremaps.com)
- Connecticut Map Books (amazon.com)