|ID State Facts|
|Territory: Aug 14, 1848 (OR)|
|Territory: Mar 02, 1853 (WA)|
|Territory: Mar 03, 1863 (ID)|
|Statehood: Jul 03, 1890|
|Borders: MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY and Can|
|ID Land Ownership Maps|
|ID Maps & Atlases|
|ID Birth, Marriage & Deaths|
|ID Military Databases|
|ID Record Collections|
|ID Historical Newspapers|
|Create a Free Family Tree|
Maps of Idaho are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Old Idaho maps are effective sources of geographical information and useful for historical, genealogical and territorial research.
Our collection of Idaho maps includes many different historic and modern types of maps. The maps date from the 19th century to the present and include:
- Idaho Township maps, including maps showing the progress of the original government surveys
- Idaho Road, Highway and railroad maps
- Idaho Maps showing the state’s geological features
- Idaho timeline of county boundaries changes
- Idaho Military maps
- Idaho Maps of specific towns, counties and bodies of water
- Territorial era maps of Idaho
- Bird’s eye views of Idaho cities and towns
Historical Maps of Idaho are a great resource to help learn about a place at a particular point in time. Idaho Maps are vital historical evidence but must be interpreted cautiously and carefully.
Idaho Map Collections
The United States Geological Survey maps are available for Idaho. Major libraries in Idaho have been designated by the U.S. Geological Survey as map depository libraries. They include Boise State University in Boise, Albertsons Library; University of Idaho and Idaho State University.
Early Idaho atlas: Old gold mines, Indian battle grounds, old military roads, old forts, overland stage routes, early towns
The various Idaho maps detailing the history of Idaho are valuable for genealogical research as they show overland stage routes, old military roads, Indian battlegrounds, old forts, old mining areas, and early towns.
Old Historical Atlas Maps of Idaho
This Historical Idaho Map Collection are from original copies. Most historical maps of Idaho were published in atlases and spans over 150 years of growth for the state.
Some Idaho maps years have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines, and other features useful to the Idaho researcher.
Map of Idaho County Formations 1848-1965
This Interactive Map of Idaho Counties show the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every county, extinct county and unsuccessful county proposal from the creation of the Idaho territory in 1848 to 1965.
Idaho County Maps of Road and Highway’s
The Idaho Transportation Department does not have Idaho County Maps available at this time.
External Idaho Map Resources
- Old Historical Maps of Idaho (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Idaho Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Library of Congress Idaho Map Collections (loc.gov)
- Old Maps of Idaho (old-maps.com)
- Idaho Antique Maps and Historical Atlases (historicmapworks.com)
- Historical Idaho State Maps (mapsofthepast.com)
- Antique Maps of Idaho (raremaps.com)
- Idaho Map Books (amazon.com)