Old Historical Colonial and Country Maps of U.S.
US Map Collection
Most historical maps of U.S. were published in atlases. Within the atlases are historical maps, illustrations, and histories many of which contain family names ideal for genealogical research.
Our collection of old historical U.S. maps span over 300 years of growth. View US Maps such as historical country and state boundaries changes as well as old vintage maps for all 50 states in the US.
This collection presents a pictorial history of the development of the United States. From historic maps of Texas to old maps of Colorado; antique maps of Massachusetts to old maps of North Carolina — we’ve got the most complete collection you’ll find online!
Choose from maps of all 50 states! We have several vintage maps for most states, showing the progression from territory to statehood.
Our rich collection of antique state maps features the work of a number of famous mapmakers, providing a range of perspectives. Just as with modern-day artists, each mapmaker had a distinctive style. Historical map geeks can recognize the hallmarks of favorite mapmakers.
Atlas Maps of Colonial America and the U.S.
Follow our nation’s history: from colonies and territories to statehood!
U.S. State and Territory Formation Years 1776 to 1912
This Interactive U.S. State Map shows the historical boundaries, names, organization, and attachments of every state and Territory from the creation of the United States from 1776 to 1912.
U.S. State Map Formation by Year
Old Historical Atlas Maps of U.S.
This Historical US Map Collection are from original copies so you can see America as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago.
Some U.S. map years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the US researcher.
External U.S. Map Links
- 1776 North America
- 1776 British Empire
- 1795 United States Map
- 1804 United States Atlas Map
- 1814 Atlas Map of the United States of America
- 1822 Geographical, Statistical, And Historical Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of North America
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of the United States of America
- Map of North America including All the Recent Geographical Discoveries, 1827
- Map of the United States Constructed from the Latest Authorities. 1827
- 1836 North America
- 1836 United States Map
- 1845 North America Map
- 1856 United States Map
- 1866 Map of the United States and Territories
- 1880 North America
- 1880 Map of the United States and territories. Together with Canada &c. (with) Island of Newfoundland