Old 1785 Atlas Map of Kentucky
This map of Kentucke, drawn from actual observations, is inscribed with the most perfect respect, to the Honorable the Congress of the United States of America; and to His Excellcy. George Washington, late Commander in Chief of their Army.
- Locations and references in French.
- Reference table shows posts & forts, sources of salt, homes, and Native American villages.
- Waterways include the Cumberland River, Green River, Ohio River, Salt River, Licking River, Red River, and many creeks and other tributaries. Many trails, battlegrounds, and Indian tribal areas are marked.
- Towns of Greenville, Lee’s Town, Lexington, Boonsburg, Danville, Clarkville, Louisville, and others are featured in this map.
- Contributor: John Filson, Henry D Pursell and Ternon Rook.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- Border Hand colored
- Includes inscriptions.